CUSTOMTECH - SILK PATCHING & FINISHING COMPOUND 10 LB BAG
Supplier SKU: SILK10T
East Bay Supply SKU: CBPSILK10T
CustomTech Silk is a fast-curing, calcium aluminate-based, patching and finishing compound that provides a smooth finish to a variety of substrates prior to the installation of floor coverings. Formulated with Controlled Cure Technology, Silk helps eliminate installation problems of bond failure, crumbling, mildew, and staining of resilient flooring due to free-moisture found in traditional underlayments. Its rapid setting formula allows the installation of most floor coverings in as little as 30 minutes.
- Smooths the finishes on interior subfloors
- Superior mixing and handling
- Excellent for skim coat patching applications
- No additives required
- Patches and levels concrete and plywood from feather edge to 1"
- Install flooring in as little as 30 minutes
Suitable as an underlayment for:
- Wood and parquet flooring
- Luxury vinyl tile/planks (LVT/LVP)
- Vinyl composition tile (VCT)
- Sheet vinyl and rubber flooring
- Laminated flooring
- Ceramic, mosaic, quarry, or cement body tile
- Impervious porcelain and glass tile
- Cement-based precast terrazzo
- Natural stone tile
- Absorbent concrete
- Gypsum-based underlayment (meets ASTM F2419)
- Exterior grade plywood & OSB/APA or CANPLY Group 1
- Flooring manufacturer's approved wood underlayments
- Existing ceramic tile
- Resilient flooring
- Embossed vinyl
- Cutback adhesive residue
- Primed cement terrazzo
- Approved and prepared moisture control membranes
Coverage: Square foot coverage per 10 lb bag will vary depending on the texture of the surface being smoothed
- Skim Coat: 100 - 300 sq. ft.
- 1/8" thick: 33.3 - 35.9 sq. ft.
- 1/4" thick: 16.6 - 17.9 sq. ft
- 1/2" thick: 8.3 - 8.9 sq. ft.
- 1" thick: 4.1 - 4.4 sq. ft.